Speech therapy has become one of the important services to improve daily life after injury, stroke, or accidents. People prefer to receive it at their place of residence, somewhere familiar and comfortable, to get the best one-on-one care. Some groups of people have mobility issues or other health conditions that can not move to clinics or centers. Speech therapy at home has made the training sessions easy and relaxing for them.
Call us today (702) 871-9917 or fill out the form for online appointment
Health & Care Professional Network, LLC, accredited by the Joint Commission, with over 15 years of experience, strives to provide high-quality services in the familiar environment of your home. You or your loved ones can benefit from a full range of home care services, therapies, and treatments in accordance with valid guidelines. Our care plan is consistent with the treatment goals and needs of your loved ones.
We are Honored to be JCAHO Accredited
Table of Contents
- 1 About us
- 2 Why choose us?
- 3 What we do
- 4 What Others Say About Us
- 5 Speech therapy for adults
- 6 Speech therapy for kids
- 7 Speech pathologist near me
- 8 Benefits of speech therapy at home
- 9 The benefits of early intervention in speech therapy
- 10 Children’s speech therapy near me
- 11 Aphasia treatment
- 12 Speech therapy for autism
- 13 Speech therapy exercises
- 14 Private speech therapy
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions about Speech therapy
- 16 Speech therapy near me
Why choose us?
Our center offers many benefits to our clients:
- The patient can receive care services in the comfort of their own home. You can get our services as overnight care, short-term, or one-time care.
- Staff members meet the State of Nevada educational and training requirements for the services they provide.
- Our on-call coordinators are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our clients can receive care services under the coverage of Medicare.
- Our team members are immunized against diseases such as influenza, hepatitis, and communicable illnesses.
- Our staff will train when they are hired and also receive ongoing training.
What we do
We provide in-home speech therapy to Las Vegas residents. The therapist visits your palace of residence, evaluates the patient’s conditions, and informs him/her of the required practices. The therapist visits the patient during the scheduled sessions. The number of practices the patient needs is up to age, severity, and type of the disorder, as well as the frequency of treatment.
Adults, children, and patients who suffer from different health conditions can benefit from the services.
Health and Care Professionals Network
HomeAssist Personal Caregiver Services
Therapros Out Patient rehab
HCPN City Impact clinic
HCPN adult day care
What Others Say About Us
Speech therapy for adults
Speech therapy for adults is to help them get better with the difficulties they have. The therapist begins the process by evaluating the situation to determine the needs and the best treatment. The therapy can help adults who have trouble in;
Speech therapy can also increase a patient’s speaking ability that boosts confidence. What you say in meetings and gatherings sounds more appealing and exciting to colleagues and family.
If injuries or diseases like oral cancer or Parkinson’s disease have caused swallowing problems, speech therapy can be helpful.
The type of practices could include but not limited to;
- Reinforce oral muscles
- Breathing exercises
- Techniques, tactics on conversational improvements
- Boosting memory techniques
- Increasing organizing ability
The amount of speech therapy practices you need depends on your condition and the disorder you suffer from.
Speech therapy for kids
Depending on the kid’s disorder, they can receive speech therapy in different situations. The child can receive in-home one-on-one practices to improve and get better. The type of therapy is different and is up to the kid’s age, disorder and needs.
The speech-language therapist (SLP) uses books, pictures, and other items to encourage language development in kids. The SLP corrects the created sounds and syllables to teach them to make particular sounds. The program could also involve homework and training sessions for the kid or parents to practice speech therapy at home.
You might ask why your child needs speech therapy. The following reasons could be the answer;
- Stuttering problems
- Trouble pronouncing words
- Difficulty with the volume or quality of speech
- Limited or low understanding of words and their meaning
- Can’t put words together appropriately
- Attention or memory disorders
- Swallowing, chewing, coughing problems
- Speech impairment
Speech pathologist near me
Speech therapy and speech pathologist are actually the same. The pathologist has the required knowledge, experience, and training to find out why the child’s speaking ability is underdeveloped. They explain what actions the child needs to do to improve the issues.
Your result for “Speech pathologist near me” is Health and Care Professional Network in Las Vegas. We have provided the best speech therapy services to the residences for 15+ years.
Benefits of speech therapy at home
Speech therapy is not just working with a patient who suffers from speaking problems. The ASHA indicates that SPLSs “work with people who have problems with speech, language, thinking, and swallowing.”
Home is a natural environment in which children (or adults) feel comfortable and relaxed. The treatment sessions can be more productive in familiar places. Increasing confidence is another result that adds up to creativity. The clients can have a good experience with the therapy sessions and achieve the highest marks. The following summaries of the benefits of speech therapy at home:
- Caregiver-parents participation increases outcomes.
- The safe, familiar environment of home makes sessions easy to stand
- Customize patient’s regular habits and needs
- Personally relevant items support therapy sessions.
- No Commute Necessary
- Maximize session time
- Reducing fatigue and stress
The benefits of early intervention in speech therapy
According to the research by Erica M. Ellis and Donna J. Thal, “70-80% of late-talking toddlers will outgrow a language delay which means that a notable amount (20-30%) will not catch up to their peers.” Also, the research of Sharma M., Purdy, and his team indicates that when children don’t catch up in their language skills, they may have persistent language difficulties.”
Early intervention is to determine the language and communication issues in children before school years. It can increase children’s improvement. It improves communication and interaction with others. Emotional development and social skills also increase. The reasons that early invention helps are as follows:
- Detecting speech and language problems in the developing period.
- Better communication outcomes
- Increases social opportunities at school
- Improved confidence and self-esteem.
- Improved access to education
- Effective communication with others
Children’s speech therapy near me
If your child has a problem with language and communication skills, you might need speech therapy for him/her. The speech problems would better be recognized early and worked on right away. If the child reaches the school year, improving language skills might get difficult. The early assessment by the therapist will determine it. Contact the Health and Care Professional Network for therapy sessions for your child in your place of residence.
Mostly, middle-aged and older people have aphasia, but children and other aged groups can get it too. The National Aphasia Association (NAA) reports that one million people in the US suffer from aphasia. This is while approximately 180,000 Americans get it every year.
The recommended treatment for aphasia by experts is language and speech therapy. The patient might improve on his/her own, but in most cases, it’s necessary to receive help from a caregiver or SLPs.
The process of treatment is to:
- Reduce impairment
- Communicate better
- Work on compensatory strategies or aids (alternative ways of communicating)
- Provide training, knowledge, and information to patients and their relatives.
Speech therapy for autism
Speech therapy helps autistic patients to improve social, nonverbal, and verbal communications. The therapy sessions help them to communicate effectively in a functional way.
The communication problems with autism appear differently. Some are not able to speak; a few groups cannot understand facial expressions or body language. By assessing the patient’s condition, the therapy sessions with the set goals begin. The common goals are to:
- Improving spoken language
- learning nonverbal skills
- Communication through an alternative method
The therapist will work on different skills which depend on the patient’s status and needs. However, some of the common skills are as follows:
- Producing correct words suing apps
- Answering to questions
- Matching facial expressions with the emotions.
- Producing clearer speech sounds
- Understanding body language
- Learning to match pictures with their meaning
- Strengthening the muscles in the mouth, jaw, and neck
Speech therapy exercises
Speech therapy exercises are helpful for improving language disorders in patients such as aphasia. The disorders are due to damage in the language center of the brain, such as stroke. The left side of the brain is the language center. Speech therapy exercises can stimulate new areas of the brain to take the responsibility of communication and speech.
Some of the exercises therapists work with the patients are as follows:
- Tongue in-and-outs
- Moving your tongue from side-to-side
- Sticking your tongue out
- Practice smiling
- Tongue side-to-side
- Tongue up-and-down
- Saying cheese
- Sentence production
- Make a kissy face
Private speech therapy
The child who needs speech therapy might be shy or scared to do well in public sessions. So you might need private speech therapy, so the child gains his/her confidence and is prepared to continue the therapy practices. The statistics indicate that children perform better in private speech therapy sessions in their place of residence. It is due to the fact that the place is familiar and they won’t go through stress and anxiety. Often parents participate in the practice sessions and make it more comfortable for the child. He/she feels comfortable and relaxed, so the practices will become productive. More progress could be achieved in the short term.
Frequently Asked Questions about Speech therapy
Yes, we are ready to visit you and provide whatever information you need.
A doctor's referral is often not required, but if your insurance pays for the service, you might need to provide one.
The sessions take 45-60 minutes, but it's up to your condition. It could be longer or shorter.
You can watch your child while practicing, but you would better skip it if the child doesn't feel good about it.
Yes, you could receive service on the weekends and in the evening. Pick the time that suits you the most.
Speech therapy near me
Health and Care Professional Network provides a wide range of speech therapy for adults and kids to help them get better. We have provided the best therapies in Las Vegas since 2006. Our experts can guide you on the type of service you need.