It is quite evident that no matter your age, connecting with others is essential to your health. Having social support can affect how quickly one recovers from surgery, a fall, or other medical conditions.
Companion care includes non-medical services that are mainly provided to the elderly or people with disabilities. The main purpose of this care is emotional support and help to perform simple activities such as the following:
- Light housekeeping: Caregivers can help reduce your loved one’s housekeeping load and ensure they don’t hurt themselves bending down to clean under a table or reaching for a top shelf or.
- Meal preparation: Companion caregivers not only help your loved one prepare and package food but also help them follow nutrition regimens, such as low-sugar diets.
- Planning and scheduling appointments: Companion caregivers assist you in setting up and maintaining a calendar of all essential activities and give verbal reminders on the day of an event.
- Socialization and entertainment: Hobbies, games,shopping, visits to family and friends, etc.
- Transportation: Providing transportation or schedule public or private transportation
Providing these services makes the elderly have a more controllable life, stay active and become more independent. Given that depression and isolation are common among the older adults and people with disabilities, providing these services can have many benefits.
Although Companion caregivers do not provide medical assistance, they do monitor the health and well-being of the elderly. If your loved one has a personality change, falls, or starts to miss a meal, they will immediately inform you of potential concerns.
In short, Companion caregivers help provide:
- A sense of security
- Peace of mind
- Emotional support
- Meaningful moments
Companion care in Las Vegas
The main purpose of companion and socialization services in Health & Care Professional Network is to make a strong relationship with our clients to improve their life and eliminate the sense of isolation. We can offer different services based on your needs and interests. Some of our services are:
- Walking and exercise
- Reminders of medications and events such as birthday and so on
- Pet and plant care
- Meal planning and preparation
- And many more personalized services
Our consultants are available to discuss your loved one’s needs during a free consultation.
If you’re interested in more information about how Health & Care Professional Network can help your senior loved ones, call (702) 871-9917.
You can get information about other Home Assist services.